About Vivid Sunday School Curriculum
Statement of Faith
Vivid Sunday School Curriculum is owned and operated by Outreach Inc. Outreach, Inc. is a non-denominational ministry that works with all Bible-believing Christian churches that embrace traditional Christian theology.We believe that:
- There is one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). Jesus Christ is God the Son and is true God and true man (Phil 2:5-8).
- Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18 & 23), led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins (Romans 5:8-9), died on the cross, and rose again (1 Corinthians 15:1-4), and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator (Heb 9:15) and advocate (1 John 2:1).
- The Bible is God’s Word, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and is authoritative on all matters on which it speaks (2 Peter 1:20-21).
- All people sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and will face eternal separation from God unless they come into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ (John 3:16-17). Salvation is a free gift from God (Ephesians 2:8-9) that can only be received by faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12, Galatians 2:16).
- God works through the members of His church to evangelize the lost and teach believers to obey His commands (Matthew 28:18-20). Churches are to be open to and accepting of all people, offering God’s love and redemption to each person without prejudice or condemnation (John 3:16-18). However, in their efforts to reach out, churches must take care to uphold the Word of God, and not engage in moral compromise (Romans 12:2) or affirm any sin such as sexual immorality, idolatry, adultery, homosexuality, stealing, greed, drunkenness, slander, swindling (1 Corinthians 6:9-10), murder, strife, deceit, malice, gossip (Romans 1:21-32), witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, factions, or envy (Galatians 5:19-21).
- God’s people are called to holiness in all aspects of life (Galatians 5:22-25), with the goal of being conformed to the image of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (Romans 8:29).
Outreach, Inc. adheres to the historical, orthodox biblical teaching about homosexuality and marriage. Outreach believes that ALL people are sinful and in need of God’s grace and forgiveness. Outreach also believes churches should not affirm sin because sin separates people from God. We agree with the Bible when it says that homosexuality including same sex marriage is sinful and not God’s design. (See our Statement of Belief and relevant scriptures above.)
Frequently Asked Questions
At VIVID Sunday School Curriculum, we know you care about teaching God’s Word in ways that help children truly learn. Every week, these lessons go deeper to bring God’s Word into full color for kids of all ages.
Here are some answers to our most frequently asked questions:
What is Vivid Sunday School Curriculum's doctrine?
Vivid Sunday School Curriculum is part of the Outreach Inc. family of businesses. Please read our full Statement of Faith above.
Is Vivid Sunday School Curriculum affiliated with a denomination or Church?
Vivid Sunday School Curriculum is not affiliated with a church or denomination. We are a part of the Outreach Inc. family of businesses.
What Bible version is used in Vivid Sunday School Curriculum?
Vivid Sunday School Curriculum primarily uses the NIV translation of the Bible. However, other versions are used if the Vivid editorial team feels like a particular translation is better understood by children.
Can Vivid Sunday School Curriculum's materials be used for virtual and in-person lessons?
This curriculum is excellent for both virtual and in-person Sunday School. All of the materials are downloadable files and folders, so you can print them out to use in-person, send them electronically, or post them to your church’s website.
Does Vivid Sunday School offer materials in Spanish?
At this time, Vivid does not offer materials in Spanish.
Where can I find the scope and sequence?
Check out our full scope and sequence here!
How can I cancel my subscription?
After you're logged into the Vivid Sunday School Curriculum site, under the "Account" section, there's a purple button called "Manage subscription" that you'll press. You can cancel from that page. Or, if you have any issues cancelling, email firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm having trouble downloading material from the Vivid Sunday School Curriculum site.
For best results, download from a computer with an excellent internet connection rather than a mobile device. Also be aware that the digital download files are varying sizes and some are quite large. Make sure you have ample storage space on your device to avoid download errors due to lack of storage.